The purpose of the GANG Education Committee is to raise awareness in the community about the situation of African grandmothers, how HIV/AIDS is ravaging African families, and the African HIV/AIDS situation. We also share the story of the Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF) and the Grandmother to Grandmother Campaign.
Our key responsibilities are to:
- Develop and maintain a Speaker Bureau
- Receive and coordinate all speaking engagement requests
- Reach out to community groups
- Develop and maintain educational materials for presentation
Our goals are to:
- Develop educational resources appropriate to various age groups
- Train the people in the Speakers Bureau about the Stephen Lewis Foundation, the Grandmother to Grandmother Campaign, and the grandmother situation in Africa
- Contact schools, religious groups, and other community groups
- Present information and raise awareness about African grandmothers and how HIV/AIDS is affecting their lives.
Committee members share information about the Stephen Lewis Foundation and the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign with community groups. We have developed presentations for adults, elementary school children and youth.
In-service sessions for members of the Speakers Bureau are offered on a regular basis.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Education Committee or if you are interested in being a part of the Speaker Bureau please contact one of the members below.
We are always available to come and speak to community or other groups about our work, so if you are interested in setting up a time, please contact us.