standing in solidarity with
WHAT WE DO
The GANG is committed to raise awareness and financially support African grandmothers, their orphaned grandchildren and their communities as they evolve as a result of HIV & AIDS.
The money we raise goes directly to grassroots organizations providing simple necessities: school fees, food, clothing, grief counselling. Since 2006 the GANG has raised close to one million dollars, funds that support grandmothers and communities in sub-Saharan Africa. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you very much for your support!
- to honour the wisdom and experience of the grandmothers of Africa and Canada.
- for the dignity of others in our efforts to work towards social justice.
Stand in solidarity
The struggle in Africa against AIDS has wiped out a generation of parents, leaving grandmothers in Africa to raise their grandchildren-and often the grandchildren of others-on their own. We stand in solidarity with them, and we will not rest until they can rest.
WHO WE ARE
Building awareness, raising funds
Our goals are:
- to raise awareness about African grandmothers, their strengths and their needs.
- to stand in solidarity with them.
- to mobilize support for them.
- to advocate on their behalf.
We are committed to:
- respecting the culture, values and life experiences of African people.
- thinking globally and acting locally.
- promoting social justice through solidarity and consultation.
- protecting human dignity for those we work with.
- respecting and promoting the campaign guidelines of the Stephen Lewis Foundation
- advocating so that we are honouring the wisdom and experience of the grandmothers of Africa and Canada.
- advocating for the dignity of others in our efforts to work towards social justice.
WHO WE WORK WITH
The Stephen Lewis Foundation
The Fabulous Fabric Frenzy 2020 has been postponed, not cancelled at this point. We will be watching and waiting to see how things develop in the coming months relating to opening churches and schools and especially guidelines around large gatherings. We will not proceed until we are certain that our event can be held safely. Please keep checking this site and our Facebook page (@EdmontonGrannies). We will post updates as soon as we can. Thanks…
The Stephen Lewis Foundation’s grassroots partners are critical actors in the response to the COVID-19 response in sub-Saharan Africa. We have received many questions from our supporters asking how our partners are doing and looking for updates on their work and the communities they serve. In the upcoming series of Voices, we will share the stories of their work and how community-based organizations are best placed to protect and support the most vulnerable populations. Dear Grandmothers and Grandothers, COVID-19…
The GANG has made the decision to postpone the Fabulous Fabric Frenzy to a later date. We will not be accepting donations as of today, March 20. We thank all of our loyal customers and partners as we work to help stop the spread of Covid-19. We will keep you informed as events unfold and will let you know when the sale is re-scheduled.