standing in solidarity with
WHAT WE DO
The GANG is committed to raise awareness and financially support African grandmothers, their orphaned grandchildren and their communities as they evolve as a result of HIV & AIDS.
The money we raise goes directly to grassroots organizations providing simple necessities: school fees, food, clothing, grief counselling. Since 2006 the GANG has raised close to one million dollars, funds that support grandmothers and communities in sub-Saharan Africa. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you very much for your support!
- to honour the wisdom and experience of the grandmothers of Africa and Canada.
- for the dignity of others in our efforts to work towards social justice.
Stand in solidarity
The struggle in Africa against AIDS has wiped out a generation of parents, leaving grandmothers in Africa to raise their grandchildren-and often the grandchildren of others-on their own. We stand in solidarity with them, and we will not rest until they can rest.
WHO WE ARE
Building awareness, raising funds
Our goals are:
- to raise awareness about African grandmothers, their strengths and their needs.
- to stand in solidarity with them.
- to mobilize support for them.
- to advocate on their behalf.
We are committed to:
- respecting the culture, values and life experiences of African people.
- thinking globally and acting locally.
- promoting social justice through solidarity and consultation.
- protecting human dignity for those we work with.
- respecting and promoting the campaign guidelines of the Stephen Lewis Foundation
- advocating so that we are honouring the wisdom and experience of the grandmothers of Africa and Canada.
- advocating for the dignity of others in our efforts to work towards social justice.
WHO WE WORK WITH
The Stephen Lewis Foundation
We are sorry that due to rising Covid numbers, we are cancelling our pop-up sale set for Sunday September 12. We hope to proceed with a sale next spring. Please check this page, or our Facebook and Instragram pages for updates.
Thanks to everyone who supported our first Pop-up Fabric Fundraiser July 25. We had a great day, and raised significant funds to support the Grandmothers Campaign of the Stephen Lewis Foundation. A big thanks to our GANG member and host, Betty Reitan from the Old Strathcona Antique Mall. Stay tuned for more details about our next sale August 22. The last sale in the Fabric Fundraiser Trilogy is September 12.