standing in solidarity with
WHAT WE DO
The GANG is committed to raise awareness and financially support African grandmothers, their orphaned grandchildren and their communities as they evolve as a result of HIV & AIDS.
The money we raise goes directly to grassroots organizations providing simple necessities: school fees, food, clothing, grief counselling. Since 2006 the GANG has raised close to one million dollars, funds that support grandmothers and communities in sub-Saharan Africa. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you very much for your support!
- to honour the wisdom and experience of the grandmothers of Africa and Canada.
- for the dignity of others in our efforts to work towards social justice.
Stand in solidarity
The struggle in Africa against AIDS has wiped out a generation of parents, leaving grandmothers in Africa to raise their grandchildren-and often the grandchildren of others-on their own. We stand in solidarity with them, and we will not rest until they can rest.
WHO WE ARE
Building awareness, raising funds
Our goals are:
- to raise awareness about African grandmothers, their strengths and their needs.
- to stand in solidarity with them.
- to mobilize support for them.
- to advocate on their behalf.
We are committed to:
- respecting the culture, values and life experiences of African people.
- thinking globally and acting locally.
- promoting social justice through solidarity and consultation.
- protecting human dignity for those we work with.
- respecting and promoting the campaign guidelines of the Stephen Lewis Foundation
- advocating so that we are honouring the wisdom and experience of the grandmothers of Africa and Canada.
- advocating for the dignity of others in our efforts to work towards social justice.